I've got an odd problem with my testing environment.
When I test (php/htm) pages using the [localhost...] or [127.0.0.1...] everthing works fine, but when I use a network PC at [192.166.0.x...] it shows less than half of the images, even if using the network IP of the local machine.
I've not made any changes to my setup, it just started happening a few days ago. I was in the middle of making something and it didn't cause much problem at the time. I left it and hoped that by the time I needed to test over the network it would have been restarted several times (which it has)and would have resolved itself (which it hasn't).
I've tried adding the network IP to the hotlinking bit of the htaccess file, I've tried removing the htaccessfile altogether, I've tried to spot differences between the files that show up and the ones that don't - none of it has made the slightest difference or any sense at all :-(